An overall update of Ryan's continuous recovery and awesome miracle:
- He is now having some reaction to the light in both his left AND right eye!
- He is breathing on his own, but has oxygen hooked up to his trachea as a humidifier to keep the tubes moist.
- His left arm and hand is VERY mobile. He has a "mitten" restraint on his left hand to keep from pulling any IV's or tubes out again.
- His right hand occasionally squeezes.
- His temperature is still unsteady. He sleeps on a cooling blanket at 42 degrees Fahrenheit as well as takes medicine to keep his temperature down.
- He wiggles both feet occasionally.
- He moves his left leg/knee up and down.
- He has begun to move his mouth open and closed sometimes.
- He "winks" or twitches both eye lids frequently. - We still waiting for him to open them though!
- His secretion from the trachea has little blood and becoming less each day.
- He is still coughing, but the doctors say that it is a good thing.
- He has therapy for his legs and arms everyday to keep his joints mobile and strong.
- His infection in his lungs has ceased!
- He is on pain medicine around the clock.
- His coloring looks good.
- The doctors have restrained both arms to the bed, this has caused him to move less.
These steps are confirmation from the Lord that he is with us. Even though we should not need confirmation, it is still nice to have. Thank you God for all the amazing things you are doing inside Ryan AND us! When Ryan wakes up, it will be the ultimate miracle. This time of trial is changing me and every single person that has prayed and been affected from Ryan's story. God knows what he is doing, remember, this did not surprise him!
"...to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart..." Deuteronomy 8:2
We must not question, become angry, or ask why. We must remain faithful knowing that God has wrapped Ryan in his wings and holding him until he is ready. Our patience is important. 3 weeks seems like along time to us, but I am sure Ryan is enjoying his time up in Heaven; playing basketball with the Lord or showing off his "swag" to the angels. We will be ready when God is ready. His timing will be perfect. I cannot wait for that day!